Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quick Update

The pencil skirt is almost finished! Just need to hem it and then I can share some photos. Except, to be honest, I'm not sure I want to hem it... because it's too small! I have no idea how that happened. I'm sure it can be fixed easily enough by letting out the seams a little, but honestly, it seems a lot of effort for a skirt I doubt I'll end up wearing. I'm also considering calling it "the naked skirt," except for the SEO implications. Light beige - not always the best choice for a form-fitting garment! Regardless, I have a lot of affection for this project, because I learned so many skills! Understitching (miraculous!), invisible zipper, drafting facings and a lining, etc. Good times.

In other news, I deleted Twitter from the sidebar of the blog, and I'm going to take a break from it. I realized it wasn't really adding enough value to my life compared to the amount of time I was spending on it. However, I'm not deleting my account just yet - that seems rash. But that's why you won't be seeing me on there for a while. Streamlining!

Everything else is coming along slowly. I'm a bit weary of my sewing machine, to be honest, and I'll probably write a post about my progress so far and thoughts on my hobbies in the next week or so. In the meantime, I'm going to devote a little more time to enjoying the fresh spring air. I left the house at 7:30am in a T-shirt the other day! How great is that?

daffs
Daffodils everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment